After spending 15 years as a professional hairstylist, Webb left the professional hair industry in 2005 to start a family, but decided to find a way to continue pursuing the creative side of hairstyling at a new-mom pace. She began offering affordable in-home blowout services to her mommy friends, which quickly expanded into a mobile operation by 2009.
In 2010, Webb opened the first Drybar in Brentwood, CA. Almost 10 years later and over 150 locations across the U.S., Webb’s Drybar has exploded into a nationally recognized and highly sought-after brand. Webb has also diversified the Drybar brand, creating a line of products and tools sold at popular retailers such as Nordstrom, Sephora, and Ulta.
Webb has been named the “100 Most Creative People in Business” by Fast Company, featured on Fortune magazine’s “40 Under 40” list, Marie Claire’s “Most Fascinating Women” covered Inc Magazine’s “How I Did This” issue and recently Inc. magazine recognized her as one of “The 100 Women Building America’s Most Innovative and Ambitious Businesses.”
Webb is currently the host of “Raising the Bar” a podcast she launched with her brother and business partner Michael Landau. The weekly show provides a platform to budding entrepreneurs.
In 2018 Webb appeared on season 10 of ABC’s Emmy-nominated hit show “Shark Tank” as a guest shark.
Recently, Webb opened the doors to her next business venture Squeeze, an innovative massage concept that lets you book and pay online – the latest extension of her expanding empire.
Squeeze’s first location is set in the Los Angeles neighborhood of Studio City.
Webb currently resides in Los Angeles, CA with her two sons.
In this episode Alli talks about:
- When the weight of leadership hits
- Who You talk to when you can’t talk to the people you work with
- What conversations she did not have, that she wishes she had in the transition from founder to CEO
- Leading by example
- How no task is too small
- How to get your employees to care and take ownership
- The bitter-sweetness of losing great people in your organization
- Regrets in the process, and what she would do differently
- What knowledge she will carry with her to the next venture